6:30AM Yoga

We just completed our first yoga session on the beautiful grounds of the Lady Shri Ram College for Women.  It was my first time to do yoga and I cannot think of a more beautiful and peaceful place to experience it.  I am not usually a morning person but the whole jet lag thing has helped me wake up early and feel good in the morning.  This is extremely fortunate considering our session began at 6:30am!

One of the slightly less peaceful events that occurred during our session also happened to be one of my favorite parts of the whole thing :).  During our first pose, the “deadman’s pose,” where we were laying down on our backs with our arms and legs extended and supposed to be completely relaxed with our eyes closed and focused on our breathing, we were interrupted by the presence of a friendly face who pranced onto our yoga mat and began sniffing our feet.  It was a dog that apparently visits the campus often.  Following the session I asked one of the LSR girls about the dog, and she said that the dog loves to attend their a cappella rehearsals that they hold on the grounds as well in the evenings, during which this dog likes to chime in with a few howls of her own lol.  After she had sniffed our feet and tried to get our attention she promptly went to the front of the mat next to our leader and sat peacefully at attention watching us for the rest of our session.  I am a dog lover so I found this especially cute and funny.  I followed the rules of course and did not pet her or touch her but I definitely enjoyed watching her :).

2 comments for “6:30AM Yoga

1. Rimjhim Roy
    March 15, 2012 at 7:39 pm

The dog you met happens to be the only dog we have on our campus amidst an abundance of cats. Glad that you guys met her! :)

2. stacey
    March 16, 2012 at 11:46 am

:)