Outreach

I have loved every minute here in India. The Taj Mahal, the sessions, the people, and the culture all have won me over and I can’t wait until I can come back to India! With so many wonderful things it’s hard to pick one to focus on. However, even with all these experiences, one event will always stand out. On Monday and today we spent time with kids from the local slums. Even with the language differences, I can tell that they are some of the funniest and nicest kids that I have ever met! I’m so glad LSR works with them and allowed us to join in. I also loved getting to know the girls from LSR while they were helping to translate. Today I met three boys who are in eighth grade and best friends. They reminded me so much of the three musketeers! As we were doing the art project, one of the boys said that if we came back he would bring his book on the project we were doing! So cute :)

2 comments for “Outreach

1. Rimjhim Roy
    March 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Hey Kelsey! We’re so glad you guys enjoyed this. We do try our best to pitch in with community service wherever and whenever we can.
    And yes, you’re right. They are some of the nicest kids. :)

2. Rimjhim Roy
    March 15, 2012 at 7:36 pm

I’m sorry, I meant Brenda..not Kelsey. :P :)