Saturday 25th November 2017,
The Transcript

Drake Bell talks musical influences, performing at OWU

Sports editor Matt Cohen interviewed Drake Bell on Saturday, March 28 shortly before he went onstage in the Gordon Field House.

Transcript: Whats your go-to pick up line?

Drake Bell: Um, I don’t know I don’t have a favorite.

T:Who influenced you the most when going into music?

Bell: Elvis, The Beatles, Beach Boys, Lil Richard, Eddie Clarke, Stray Cats, a lot of old people.

T: Growing up, did you like music or acting more?

Bell: There’s nothing to compare to playing live on stage in front of a live audience.  It’s awesome being creative and being on a movie set, but there’s a lot of sitting around, a lot of waiting until they’re ready for you.  Working on sitcoms is fun because it’s fast passed and you do have a live audience.  But there’s nothing to compare to live performing. That’s the best.

T: Whats the coolest venues youve played at?

Bell: The coolest ones are actually in South America and Central America.  Brazil, Mexico, the latin fans take “fan” to the whole next level.  It’s the most intense and a lot of fun.

T: What were your first thoughts when hearing about the OWU concert?

Bell: That it would be awesome to come play.  I love playing, seeing new places, meeting new people.  Doing these colleges have been a lot of fun because all the people in the crowd are usually just a little younger than me.  So it’s awesome I can do whatever I want, you know? I don’t have to cater my performance toward the younger kids.

T: Have you played a lot of colleges during the tour?

Bell: Yeah a few, don’t ask me which ones.  Notre Dame, Berkeley was a lot of fun.  Yeah the college thing has been a lot of fun.

T: Have you kept in touch with anyone on Drake and Josh?

Bell: Yeah I talk to Josh all the time and I just saw Miranda the other day we went to the Children’s Hospital together.  We worked on a cartoon together not that long ago.  I’m actually working with the Dad from the show, Jonathan Goldstein, on a new project that I’m producing and he’s directing. We were a pretty tight knit group.

T: Whats coming up next for you?

Bell: Touring and now I’m doing the voice of the Flash.  Now I’m the Spiderman and the Flash, that’s pretty cool.

Like this Article? Share it!

About The Author

Leave A Response

Prove you\'re not spam, please. Our editors are tired of reading really bad English. * Time limit is exhausted. Please reload CAPTCHA.