The Transcript, in all its endeavors, strives to:
- To be fair, honest, courageous, respectful, independent and accountable.
- To provide our readers with accurate and comprehensive news coverage that is relevant to the OWU community.
- To report, gather and interpret the news in a manner that empowers all members of the OWU community and promotes a fair and open discussion.
- To maintain an open forum for discussion of campus issues and other pertinent matters.
- To provide students with journalistic experience while educating them in the procedures of a working newspaper.
- To practice professional journalism.
Letters to the Editor
and Press Releases
The Transcript welcomes and encourages letters to the editor as well as press releases and story ideas.
All letters to the editor must be accompanied by the writer’s contact information for verification. Letters may be edited for grammar and defamatory or obscene materical. Please email letters or ideas to email@example.com or deliver them in hard copy to the Department of Journalism, Phillips 117.
Before submitting story ideas or press releases, please consider how the potential story pertains to The Transcript’s audience and include that in your submission.
The views expressed in letters, columns and cartoons are the opinions of the writers and artists and do not necessarily reflect the views of the Department of Journalism or the university.
106 Phillips Hall
Ohio Wesleyan University
Delaware, OH 43015